Tuesday 18 November 2014

Grandma's blazing

Grandma’s blazing red hair like red wine
Like a river flowing of red wine

‘We are from stars’-Jan Dean

‘Happy Christmas to all,and to all
A good night’-Clement Clarke Moore

‘We hear the Christmas Angels
The great glad tidings tell:
O come to us,abide with us,
Our Lord Emmanuel ‘-Bishop Phillips Brooks

‘My midnight unicorn’-Adrian Henri

‘Turn that music down!
Shouted he grumbly moon to
The rock n roll stars’-Brian Patten

‘Shiny paper like Christmas lights ‘-Adrian Henri

‘People put on airs to make you feel like a bug’-Grace Nichols

‘Moonlight apple of dreams’-John Drinkwater

‘Raindrop moisturizer for me face’-John Agard

‘So daring in love’-Sir Walter Scott

Singing into the air to carry a butterfly

Blue butterflies moving like the sea

‘Sounds,and sweet airs,that give delight and hurt not’-William Shakespeare

‘You’re the moment
I get my sums right’-Barry Turrell  

Breasts like baby strawberries and cream
Nipple summer dream

A -sunning
A-running

My memory is like a flickering storm

‘The wind sings in the leaves’-William Cowper

I spent each night in dreams
Barefoot in the streams

‘Forest tune in everyday’-Grace Nichols

The warm sun wrapping you in a red gown

‘Grow up to love’-Carol Ann Duffy

‘Surf of leaves’-Eleanor Farjeon

Is Hollywood?

‘A vast cave full of gold and skeletons’?-Ted Hughes

Blue pearl eyes looking up at New York

New York

‘I came back with magic in my eyes’-Thomas Hardy

Palm tree place
Still looking for palm tree place

‘The heart be as still as loving’-Lord Byron

‘The glare of the visible sun’-John Mole

‘The palette
With a blend of delicate hues’-Roger Mc Gough

‘With a kind of purple,electric edge to the clouds’-Carol Ann Duffy

To sweetness I turn

Childhood snowy tree
Leaves all echoey

Christmas
Everythingmas

New Year’s Eve

‘All the world wonder’-Alfred Lord Tennyson

‘The ghost screams like a storm at sea’-James Reeves

The sun and you

‘The street outside quiet
As a long white bandage’-Roger Mc Gough

Your thoughts are your verse

The very verse

Your views are your verse

Even before the day has started
I remember I’m broken hearted
I looked across the night-club
Dreamed of flying like a cherub

From cloudy to clear

Lover,on a book cover

Breasts like topping waves

‘To the hazel buds’-Walter de la Mare

‘Coming back home from Granny’s in the car
I try to stay awake.I really do.
I look around to find the evening star
And make a wish.Who knows?
It might come true’-Gerard Benson

‘His life is all gentle
And his heart is bold’-Adrian Mitchell

‘Nobody rides the unicorn
As he grazes under a secret sun.
His understanding is so great
That he forgives us,everyone’

‘Nobody rides he unicorn,
His mind is peaceful as the grass.
He is the loveliest one of all
And he sleeps behind the waterfall’-Adrian Mitchell

Looking at my window
Fireworks in the sky
Fizzling like popping candy
In my mouth

Illness

I could have traveled
Learned survival
Gone on dates
Made new mates










No comments:

Post a Comment