Monday 23 May 2016

In Bed


In bed
In peace
Give me a star I can reach
Give me true love on the beach
A number one song for weeks and weeks
My heart beats
My eyes weep

Blackpool

We are on our way to Blackpool
Can you see the tower yet?
We will be on the beach soon
I hope it doesn’t get wet

With flashing bulb delight
Blackpool shines at night
Sitting quiet side by side
Wondering about those donkey rides

We meet the Queen at Madame Tussauds
We have a scream on the ghost train
The Golden Mile
Always brings a smile
Where people dream and wave

Mum and dad are talking about a steak
Jen and I just want ice cream with flake
Mum and dad are talking about the chippy
Jen and I just want a Mr Whippy!

We go on the Big One
There’s a perfect sunset
The view is a vision
The sky we are kissing

I try to win a teddy bear with no luck
So then my mum buys me a sugar dummy to suck
We look at ourselves in the funny mirrors
If that dummy gets stuck in our hair
We will need some scissors!

People asking fortune tellers
Will I ever find a fella?
We could walk down the promenade
Hand in hand,enchanted

It can be a day of exhaustion
But when we look up at Blackpool Tower,
It’s a tower of beauty like a princess in robes

A stick of Blackpool rock
A lovely hotdog
There’s an army of seagulls
And a bouncing beach ball

Bingo calling
Ice staking and falling

We take the tramway to play on the slots
Eating candy floss

There’s sandcastle water park
Places you can go-kart

There’s Blackpool Zoo and Sea Life Centre
There’s horses and carts you can rent
But a day at Jungle Jims is a day best spent

We watch the circus in amazement
Eyes as bright as a galaxy of stars
The locals selling DVD’s by the pavement
Hundreds of burger bars

A trip to The Grand Theatre and howling gales
The boats at sea and their sails
Don’t forget to put your postcards in the mail
And tell your tale

We dig a big hole on the beach
Sand in hair
Sand everywhere

I say,
Let’s swim to Ireland

Heaven smiles on you and your English

Party of the truth
The dazzled sight

Love,tell me now
Love,tell me how
I will heal from this
And finally kiss

When you cant stop listening to that song!

‘My feet,those two children let out to play’-Ann Sexton

‘A delicate fire suddenly races underneath my skin’-Sappho

The piano touch is like having looks

An ornament
A moment

‘O tell me the truth about love’-W.H.Auden

‘The dawn,the fire,the rainbow of the day’-James Fenton
With a beautiful kiss I can…

Breathe in the blossoms
Recover from rock-bottom
Smile in my own little spot
Tend to the flowerpot

With a kiss I can ….

Love the birds sweet sound
Step up from the background

‘A golden -orange overarching blaze of leaves’-Marge Piercy

‘Love is simply our element,
It is the summer night’-Sharon Olds

The tender catch
I’m feeling quite attached!!

A babies comfort blanket
And a lantern of comfort

Do not shut our library it is
A library of light

‘Multitudes of  lambs’-William Blake

Story Idea
Magpies stealing golf balls

Reading in the dark book with torch

Song Lyrics

A better day tomorrow
I’ll wake up from my sleep tender as blossom
And find some magic to follow

A better day tomorrow
Two magpies is joy,one magpie is sorrow
I will search for you with a bow and arrow

A better day tomorrow
I will beg,steal and borrow
Fly as high as Apollo

A better day tomorrow
A heavenly sign,perfectly timed
Love is on the way,no quarrel

‘Cooings of my dove’-Christina Rossetti

‘Touched us together like a bow that from two strings
Could draw one voice’-Dana Gioli

‘Maroon sky’-Dannie Abse

It’s the sea
I can smell it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment