Saturday 20 August 2016

School

School
Crushing up salt and vinegar hula hoops
Shopping for buttons on Leyland Market
Holidays
Murray mints on holiday in the car in Devon
Church Fair
Buying a tiger  glitter picture and rollerskates
Skating down the hill
The day I saw Monet
Holding my sisters hands

‘Conviction’
‘I like to get off with people,
I like to lie in their arms,
I like to be held and tightly kissed,
Safe from all alarms –
I like to laugh and be happy
With a beautiful,beautiful kiss
I tell you,in all the world
There is on bliss like this’-Stevie Smith

A happy shield
Happy happy light

‘love is ours
The school bars’-Stevie Smith

The old sweet dove
The holy spirit of good

T’was the voice of the sweet dove
I heard him move
I heard him cry
Love,love

‘High in the chestnut tree
I the nest of the old dove
And there he sits solitary
Crying Love,love’-Stevie Smith

A loving moment
Hanging on

Childrens books

Horror and ghost stories
Action/adventure
True stories
Historical fiction
Learning/educational
Religion and diversity

STORY IS KEY

Pictures are essential,they must be bright and eye-catching
Humour is an absolute must because it draws in children.
They love to laugh at others  like them,and if the protagonist does
Obviously dumb or silly things,so much the better

BRIGHT ART

THINKING LIKE A KID

Little people can indeed triumph over grown-ups
Poo poo,pee pee,tushies,,passing gas,burping,underwear –all hilarious
Example
‘School assembly –who farted?!

Your main character is the soul of your story
Character arc is a visual tool

Children are wild creatures at heart
Emotions right at the surface


No comments:

Post a Comment