Saturday 20 August 2016

'With lilac rivers'-Silvina Ocampo

‘With lilac rivers’-Silvina Ocampo
‘Deepening petals’-Silvina Ocampo

The Graveyard

Ribbons in the graveyard
They look like silent lips
Gleaming teardrops
Much admired
A soft rabbit visited me

‘Roads with flocks of constellated eyes’-Silvina Ocampo
‘Your sky bathe me in pink light’-Silvino Ocampo

Neodream

‘like petals in the wind being spirit’-Silvino Ocampo

‘Bloody men are like bloody buses-
You wait for about a year
And as soon as one approaches your stop
Two or three others appear’-Wendy Cope

‘Send helpless love across the sky,
Knowing we’ll never meet again’-Wendy Cope

‘When snow like sheep lay in the fold’-Geoffrey Hill

‘South facing rooms to catch the sun on my face
At exactly the right moment to flatter and caress’-Susanne Holt

How far do your tears travel?
Down you face?
A stream?
The ocean?

The honey of the book
The epiphany is magic

As sensitive as I can be
I hold a butterfly

Rhyme is an echo

A perfect room
Attracts new world tourists like a magnet

Love

If I light up some fireworks
Will you know how to find me?

If I light a candle
Can I lead you home?

I can’t see any stars and I feel alone
Can I excite you and write a song?

Can I meet you at sunset
Hold both of your hands and face you perfect

How long am I going to be at sea?
I dream of dolphins swimming with me

Maybe I should lay down
With the starfish on the sea floor
Or find a ship wreck

When the breeze comes through the leaves like
Lots of diamond studs

Wonder in a poem

‘sapphire hair’
‘Like a goddess,the only one’-Egyptian poetry

Luscious love poetry
A little chivalry

Magical being BFG

Haiku means –awake to nature

‘Spontaneous me,Nature
The loving day,the mounting sun,
The friend I am happy with’-Walt Whitman

‘The apparition of these faces in the crowd,
Petals on a wet black bough’-Ezra Pound

‘A dark woman Lantern’-Anon

Metaphors
‘the sea is the eyelid of the shore’

Trusting the poem

Smelling memory
Burning wood,cotton sheets on the washing line,sun lotion
Tasting memory
Mum’s hotpot,unwell on the settee watching The Goonies
Smoothie in Cairns Australia
Seeing memory
Looking at him,watching a waterfall
Touching memory
The feel of mum’s home-made cotton dresses

The first time hands around my waist

No comments:

Post a Comment