Tuesday 2 May 2017

When we spoke

When we spoke on the phone did it
Feel untrue?

You bought me some perfume
But would you give me your life
Like they do in cocoon?
Protect me from the cloudy mist on the moon?
Decorate my hair with diamonds and blooms?
Pick me up soon
I can’t breathe from the sandy dunes
I fear death lumes

Making life bright with song

A neighbouring flower
A neighbouring shower

Pure lusciousness

Impatient for the sun
I need to book a holiday

The song of the honey bees
The hand of an old and wise tree

Anon a-dream

A sweet timid light

Poems of the woods
The drawing of it’s buds

Homely stuff
Home of love

‘We tossed our shuttlecocks
And tried to hit the moon’-John Clare

Eyes of truth and youth

‘I will live and love thee ever’-John Clare
‘A passport for heaven’-John Clare
‘The truth of my song’-John Clare

Large and lusty

Sweet fern tree
Sweet pianos chime
Sweet summers harmony

Stars in the night
Flowers in the day

The music of nature
Nature’s self is love

Fashion
Dress of happiness

Peace and health is liberty
A beautiful thing
We are mermaids dancing through the waves

Angel –watered

‘My babe,my treasure ‘-St Alphonsus Mariade Liguon

‘Union,one,divine’-Ben Jonson

Roses and religious purity

‘The sweetest flower that blows,
I give you as we part
For you it is a rose
For me it is my heart’-Frederick Peterson

‘The rose is the eye of the flowers’-Sappho

‘The red rose whispers of passion,
And the white rose breathes of love,
O,the red rose is a falcon,
And the white rose is a dove’-John Boyle O’Reilly

A kiss of desire
Under the light of a sapphire

My verse and truth

I hope I am valued for my sweetness



No comments:

Post a Comment