Monday 21 August 2017

Music

Music
How does it go from cheese to -?

Miss mood

‘Snow pearls’-Ella Higginson

Hands on my heart
I’ll be there for every shot
For every raindrop
For every time people mock or throw rocks

Something controversial

Pawnshops

A shop of broken hearts and dreams?
Or just a way of providing a meal?
The shop window is full of jewels
Our eyes gleam
I wonder if they are real
People are desperate to put food on the table
The sales assistant sits and smiles
As though they are your Angel
I think everybody should be able to keep
Their Wedding ring
I feel pity when I listen to the till ch-ching
You can buy a ‘just like new’ TV or Iphone
But remember it is a pawn

American gun control

Standing on the subway
The policeman had a gun
It was the first time I had seen a ‘real’ one
My eyes widened as I imagined being on the run!
It was like I was on a cop show and a car had just been blown!
I felt lucky.
In England we don’t go to school in fear thinking we might
Get shot or hope the metal detectors will protect us
If the police cannot
I had a conversation with a New Yorker,
One of the cities streetwalkers
But we had to agree to disagree!
The impression I got was America
Will not consider a ban on guns
They feel threatened,maybe undressed,unprepared,without guns
But isn’t safety paramount?
How many dead bodies does it take to count?
When I watch the news my heart bursts
Someone has to put their gun down first

It was early
The sun came shining in like a warm friend
There was a summer smell in the breeze
And the colours in the sky ablend
There were birds in the sky in ascent
Ready to catch each other on descent

I loved holidays

Walking downstairs to a breakfast buffet
Rules set by your parents,no horseplay!
Or sliding down the stairway
I used to be ready with my arm bands on
Jumping up and down by the pool,ready to bomb!
Playing around on blown up floats,
Listening to Dad’s rubbish jokes!
On the beach
Playing catch with a beach ball,
Wishing you were tall, watching the crabs crawl over the rocks
I tried to catch fish with a fishing net
Listening to the jets on the water
Making friends from lot’s of different places
Sand in our hair and eating ice cream with smiling faces
Having races to the sea,having a game of Frisbee
Flying a kite in the sunlight,eating peaches that were just ripe
Dreaming of being in the surf,
Living on a surfboard,living on my nerves
When it was late,the sunset made it perfect
We sat at the bar with umbrella’s in our drinks,our pink drinks,
Using curly straws and getting ready for the dancefloor
The disco ball above us made us fall in love and when the comedian came
Out we couldn’t laugh enough


No comments:

Post a Comment