Saturday 25 November 2017

Letters,treemail

Letters, treemail

Holidays?Beauty is there

Where will I find true love?
God give me a sign,a dove

When will I stop feeling scared?
Will the truth finally be aired?

Echoes and ripples on the water

‘The musical rain’-Walt Whitman

‘In the calm and cool of the daybreak’-Walt Whitman

‘The echo of sunset’-Walt Whitman

The soothe of waves in the bedroom

Children
Sweet scented and growing

Christmas?
And all I peace

‘Tomatoes hanging like small red globes’-Gary Soto

In the dark of a closet
Secretly eating wotsits!

Rains of a thousand years

‘What fire shines inside her’-Gary Soto

‘A great sigh of steam’-Gary Soto

Cute boxed raisens

The nightclub
A fire,a glow inside

‘The orange wheel of heat’-Grace Paley

I am unconnected
Lord,save my soul

‘The evening star is a punctual gem’-Anon

Australia?
Bushes of that magic land?

‘Electric blossoms’-David Gascoyne

‘Flavours of childhood’-John Burnside

Dreaming of a distant land
Don’t know where

Come under the umbrella fern?

‘A cappaccino with the froth still on it,
A double sonnet’-Alan Jenkins

There shared spirit
There shared beliefs

An anchor forever

‘Gold onions rooted in the sky’-John Updike

Your position in the universe?!!!

‘The still-humming chords’-John Updike

A dawn good try

Office blooms

‘A lilac and cream and pink self-esteem’-John Updike

Life

You told me there would be many doors
You told me people would be loved and adored
But all I found were the sharpest claws
People being cruel and breaking laws

You told me I could travel the world
You told me I was the prettiest girl
But all I found were rotten pearls
Bathwater swallowing me as it swirled

You told me I would meet my prince
You told me I would find my province
But I hated having my hair rinsed
I hated people’s ‘fat hints’

You told me I would find someone good
You told me I would find a bud
But all I did was worry,and
Come home hurt and bloody

You told me music would be my quest
You told me I would be the best
But all I found was laughter and jest
My life was a teary mess
An awful test

You told me I would like school
You told me I would find a jewel
But all they said was I was uncool
Standing over-weight by the swimming pool

You told me God would look after me
You told me to invite my friends for tea
But I came home with scrapped knees
And unsightly bleeds

You told me to hold on to my dreams
Forget about those that were mean
So I just watched ‘The A Team’ and
Felt the sunbeam


No comments:

Post a Comment