Sunday 28 April 2019

Am I not normal?


Am I not normal?

Terrified of walking into my local

Terrified of that holiday in Lake Como



Spiritual,can you fix it all?

Can you complete my soul?

I want to fall



Creatively Natively



Childhood

Happy to sing

Happy on a swing

Happy with a plastic ring



No school or college fool

Asked me out,held me in my room

When I went to university,

Alone and doing my laundry

A distance,he wouldn’t stay with me

My flat mates were not friendly



But I always looked at the blossom trees



God tells me to have trust

But the world is dark and unjust

Is the talk of War

All we have to hope for?

Many people are dying


And we don’t find it surprising

We accept that they are frightening



The missiles are flying in

Taking life before it’s had the chance to begin



It’s like watching ‘the sinking’

Or stopping a child from thinking

How can we escape the blast?

By learning from the past

Pray to God you tread the right path



I wonder what will be

How much of the world will I see?

I’m approaching 40 and I still don’t feel free



Everytime I arrive,the bees are alive



He still won’t let me remember

Day to day I’m in Denver

Or dreaming there’s no tremor

Or am I burning in a pot?

Have I been left to rot?



Kindness and Ocean liners

Will you be my big brave miner?

(pitman,collier,faceworker)


Mothers day



Here are some flowers

May they open like paras

You’ve worked all the hours

It’s time to sit down



Here is some cake since

You taught me to bake

Smiling at the school gate

Sometimes you brought our roller skates



Here is a box of chocolates

Do you remember we were always sockless?!

You took us to school on your bike

Comforted us at night



Here is some perfume

Do you remember ‘Button Moon’?!

You used to sing a little tune

Tell us dad would be home soon



On holiday we ran up the sand dunes

And if we fell you dressed our wounds

You would make tea as watched cartoons

At birthday parties you blew up balloons



Here is a lovely plant

It’s you that I want to thank

For asking dad to be our taxi rank!

For all those bubble bath pranks!



Here is some jewellery

May it be a symbol of your purity

May it stop people like the shining sea



Here is a spa weekend

Have some treatments

You really are my best friend

That I will always defend



Here is a cream tea

People sat angelically

Finger sandwiches on tiers

Mum,it’s been 39 years!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment