Sunday 28 April 2019

I listen to


I listen to notes

On a sun-illumined day

He gives me a flower of chivalry

And I don’t want to step away



It is a motif of a song

Carrying a baby

The chords of my love

Will hopefully save me



The holy glow of my mother

Pouring the drinks in the summer



Pastels rubbed by my own hands



I once saw a dolphin leaping

I once saw peacocks feathers,

But they were sleeping



‘Light blinking in the darkness,

Like an idea’-Rachel Rooney



Always wanted to paint a blue escape to wake to



‘Beware of the grey

Beware of the grey

Fading your dreams

And ambitions away’-Paul Cookson



‘The day grows like a field full of flowers’-Anon


‘A wink and a smile from some distant

Constellation kissing, sweetening light’-Anon



He touched me like spider silk



The mist came in and I still believed him



He brings me crazy,crazy,crazy delight



Enigmatic in my silence and darkness

I needed a muted companion

It still hurts,they were jealous

There was no warmth or togetherness



‘Sequins sewn into my childhood and getting all dressed up!



‘When it rains

Look for

RAINBOWS

When its dark

Look for STARS’



‘It’s that

Heart of gold

And stardust soul

That make you

Beautiful’-R.M.Broderick



‘The heart is the boss’-Wendy Cope


‘The crystal of peace’-D.H.Lawrence



‘Echoing stars’-Martin Carter



‘The sea crinkled like foil’-Derek Walcott



The colour of the moon

An orange moon



I want to feel wanted,diamonted

Make me feel loved like that dance and that song did



I feel like a pig

I’m getting so big

I dream of a gig

Lifting out my purple wig

And my Aladdin outfit



The confidence of fancy dress

To make you laugh and express



A song to describe

When you left,I just died



The children are coming

And I am belonging

No point in yawning

I feel so alive

The children are laughing

And then they are napping

I love it when they high five!



The children are budding

And then they are hugging

I dance a little when they arrive



I want to give them sweets

I’ve not seen them for weeks

But when I do,

There’s blue skies



Pouring myself into Art and Words

It is the truth,I wish somebody cared

Every flower,every bird

I thank God for being there




No comments:

Post a Comment