Sunday 15 October 2017

'A heaven round the stars'

‘A heaven round the stars’-Dylan Thomas

Grasping for more summer

‘A balanced bright star’-Carol Ann Duffy

Water meadows
I need a small boat

The sun and her ruby flare

A palace on the water
A picture by a daughter
A shield,emblem

The Lake District
Angel on these hills

But I glinted my eyes

The pub
Swapping stone’s and pints

‘One luminary clock against the sky’-Robert Frost

A million eyes falling to the ground

The Lamb shank
A dream and a dance

I turned on my torch and
I watched you from the porch

A tower of love
You were taller than me

A bedroom ceiling
With stars on it

Poems in our backpacks,ready for school

‘The sky reddens over cities’-Donald Hall

A song in the valley

Marriage
Your sweet hand
My love for you

I loved you more than the Angels

Galactic Love Poem

Warm your feet at the sunset
Before we go to bed
Read your book by the light of Orion
With sirous guarding your head
Then reach out and switch off the planets
We’ll watch them go out one by one
You kiss me and tell me you love me
By the light of the last setting sun
We’ll both be up early tomorrow
A new universe has begun’-Adrian Henry

I glared at you
Cared for you
Said a prayer to be with you
Lied down bare breasted

Cute and cool

If we had got together
Made love in hot,hot weather
I could have floated in your eyes forever
And watched you like a falling feather
I imagined us talking
Smiling and hands stroking
Walking out of the club
Falling in love,glancing above

No comments:

Post a Comment