Sunday 15 October 2017

For Songs

‘For songs among the secret trees’-Christina Rossetti

‘My heart and I’-Elizabeth Barrett Browning

‘A ceremony of Sandwich’-Maxine Kumin

‘It’s in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style,
I’m a women
Phenomenally
Phenomenal woman,
That’s me’-Maya Angelou

Peace and rhyme
A modest time

‘In the wings of geography’-Joseph Brodsky

Steamy letters,
Your old sweater,
I remember

‘Moans with melody’-Langston Hughes

‘Walked around with stars,hand in hand’-Rachel Korn

‘The ray that haloes’-Carolyn Kizer

‘America is this correct?’-Allen Ginsberg

‘Cosmological finger’-Dmitry Bobyshev

‘We are stardust’-Joni Mitchell

My snog is in the hands of God!!!

Summer highlights

Putting on the summer bedding
Going to my cousins wedding
Having a pedicure
By the Lake of Allure
In her dress,she looked so pure
When she danced,it was forever
The sun came out just in time
And I saw lot’s and lot’s of hills to climb
Our Sophie was a flowergirl
Her eyes shone like stars above the world
Our John took his place on the dancefloor
Played to the camera,Mr Twinkle Toes!
The day was magical
It was an Auricle (hearts chamber!!)
The food tasted really good
We drank the wine like an open bud
We listened to the wedding speeches
As the bride and groom dreamed of
‘alone time’ and golden beaches
I took some photographs,
Catching JoJo walk down the path
Drinking champayne served by hotel staff
Watching my cousin breakdance
Catching up with uncles and aunts
There was a cutting of the cake
And the confetti looked like snowflakes
I think I had too much to drink I do,
But I also had a hotel bed to sink into!

Summer lowlights

Countless time’s being caught in the rain
Dealing with daily headache pain
Summer blues
Everyone’s pairing off in two’s
I’m trying to like different foods
I step on the scales and
I forget about the sales!
Ordered books on amazon
That were way too thin and
Not attending after or swim
Not getting a job or any interviews
I pray a little to God

My ideal Summer

Starts in January
Ditching the chocolate for
Juicy strawberries!
Attending the gym and feeling like I can win
Watching the weight melting away
Breaking a smile everyday
Then I can book a holiday
Finding the perfect bikini
Feeling like a bond girl with
A glass of martini
Touching his hands on the dancefloor
Glinting my eyes as he open’s the taxi door
And lot’s of laughing and photographing
In total awe
On my side,someone kind,that wants me more


No comments:

Post a Comment