Thursday 18 January 2018

Across the threshold

Across the threshold

The water was building and building in her eyes
He really did take her by surprise
When he proposed to a violin and bow
She agreed to become his wife

The ring was like the North Star
She dropped her jaw
The most oceanic piece of jewellery
She ever saw

When the day arrived the sun was watching
As the groom looked at his wrist,a risk,
The congregation was whispering and coughing

Then there she was in her Wedding dress
The vision of a dove,a breathing chest
She walked down the isle with a smile for the quests

A flowergirl put petals on the ground
It was quite clear that they were bound
The bride’s bouquet was full of pink and red roses
The family got together for wedding poses

They promised to hold each other
Till death do they part
They promised to listen and love,look at the stars
They promised to share sunsets and stories
With devotion from the start
Rest on each other’s hearts

When the ceremony had ended
The bride and groom drove to their home
He carried her over the threshold and they knew
They would never have to do it alone

I want to be beautiful
Just like an Angel
I don’t want a fat label

Make love in a stable
Kiss in the rainfall
Sit by the fire,on a rug and feel grateful
I will stay prayerful
And share all I know

You lost your wings
Enrichment of the soul

‘I hear the flowers talking in the dawn’-Any Lowell

To let a ladybird pass

‘Prospers in the blue’-Alfred,Lord Tennyson

Storms of love
Then it is cloud free

‘A morn of gold’-Rupert Brooke

Drops of glass outside

‘Owleology’-James T.Fields

We all need a whirl of colour

An Angel writing
The light and the law

Walking through the snow
To meet my Romeo

‘The golden atoms of the day’-Thomas Carew

‘Some purply ray’-Ambrose Philips

‘The flames of the stars’-Walter de la Mare

This is how I feel
I wanna make it real
I need my dreams alive
I need them to survive
I think he is threatening knives and capture
I am praying for love and rapture

No comments:

Post a Comment