Thursday 18 January 2018

Singing's good for fear

‘Singing’s good for fear’-Ted Hughes

‘Must be the skyline’-Ted Hughes

Weight of darkness
I must start the discipline

‘But the seabed is dark’-Ted Hughes

‘Can any words of my love,
Or loving act of my hands,reach you?’-Ted Hughes

Make a big magic

‘God of the bright day’-Ted Hughes

Your face is lustral brilliance

Voice lost in the tempest

Nativity
A halo of sanctity

‘Gathered in the wind and the rain’-A ‘Banjo’ Paterson

All aglow at the party

Smiles can win
A prayer to heaven

‘Sunlit plains as wide as seas’-A.B.Paterson

‘When twofold silence was the song of love’-Anon

‘The radiant star of day’-Thomas Edwards

Your arm,your charm
I feel calm

The feeling heart
I look up at the art

Southern beam

The holiest harmonies in church

A melody that floats!

In the spiritual city
I flirted in the moon

Australia’s southern lightness

The sun
The mighty fire

Mysteries of sin
Please wash away the dirt and rain

She walked with dancing curls

Filmy eyes at the cinema

Musical memory

The appeal of good
The appeal of God

I imagine a songful crowd

‘Your dear image that I love so much’-Agnes Mary Robinson

Children in milk-soft sleep

A dream of victory
Everytime I wake up

Sea-smell-sunlight

Love sweetly,love tenderly

The sky full of lilac clouds

The latest disco bet,as the oldies say!

‘Compass of the night’-Dick Hayes

‘Blue as a river’-R.S.Thomas

‘An orchard of stars’-R.S.Thomas

Youthful truthful song

Papers,talk of the beautiful

African watersong

Without the angels,I hide

‘Echoes of its arrival’-R.S.Thomas

‘How far is it to God’-R.S.Thomas

‘A tinkling music’-R.S.Thomas

The movement of the curtain


No comments:

Post a Comment