Tuesday 1 May 2018

The sweetness of the apple



The sweetness of the apple

The poet’s job is to keep the language fresh

‘The orgasm volcanic’-Anon

‘Beauty and love are all my dream’-Andrew Young

A wonderful idea
Park of poetry

Mountains,Fountains,Waves,Graves

‘The mountain –skirts’-Matthew Arnold

‘How lovely they glanced’-Robert Greene

Childhood
I remember playing on the green

‘Love is not dead,but sleepeth
In her unmatched mind’-Sir Philip Sidney

Their magic evident

Light and sense
I dote upon thy face

‘I do not look for love that is a dream-
I only seek for courage to be still’-Christina Rossetti

Snowdrops on the lea

Alone in my room
Can I please have oats and the moon?

I believe in

A man opening the door
Holding hands on the shore
Protecting me from a scorpions claw
Protecting me from a great whites jaw

I don’t want this to feel like war
Or be together like it’s some big chore
Wound you catch me if I fell to the floor?
Would our love always pour?

Despite our flaws?
Despite our scores?

Would you follow me ,despite my clothes?

Would you bring me a red rose?
Help me see the difference between friends and foes?
Would you teach me the stars and look at them glow?
Would you watch a film on the back row?
Kiss me in passion,let your hands go low?

Or just turn up in your banger car
Steal some change from the kitchen jar!
Take me to an ice cream parlour?

Can I get your whole attention?
Can I feel your affection?
Your arms around me for protection?

My next date

Do I open up the flood gates?
Will he think I have too much on my plate?
Will there be something we can create?

Can we go out and explore?
I want to discover a little bit more
Even if my feet are sore
I want to hear the waves roar

I wanna hear the birds calling
I want to be happy

Our longing eyes in open air

He offers a softer charm
 But I am weary,weary of my weight

The evening air and a gorgeous sunset
It pumps to my eyes and spills




No comments:

Post a Comment