Thursday 1 July 2021

I want to be a skinny dipper

 I want to be a skinny dipper

Underneath the stars that flicker

I want to be a strawberry picker


Can I hold your hand?

Watch the sunset,all brown and tanned?


I don't think I'll ever be able to dive

But I do want to be alive


I don't think I'll be one of your hive

But I do want to survive 

Waiting for love to arrive


To dance the jive,to glide


I don't think I'll be unafraid of rides

But I will cheer you you from the side


Shall we have a night in a hotel?

Shall we follow the stars and the ocean?


Shall we spend the night being vocal?

Express our emotion?


Shall we kiss all night?

Become unfrozen?

Be awokened?

I don't want to be broken


Can I touch your hair?

Can I hold you bare?

Can I lick you there?


Security and purity


Can I be your cure?

Can I make you self-assured?


College 

I remember walking alone

Wanting to stay at home

Wondering what to wear

Knowing nobody cared


Bullies making me scared

I wanted to fly like a bird

I couldn't find the words


Keep me safe

Help me escape

Be there when I wake

Be there when they hate

Protect me from snakes


No comments:

Post a Comment