Tuesday 30 October 2018

Kissing photographs


Kissing photographs

Watching old movies



Prayer of January

A prayer of you and me



‘Today the sea is indigo’-Anon



For peace

For peace



‘Millions of characters,

Each with their own narratives’-Anon



My mountaine belly

Only a few get to the top!



To all gazers on the skies (poetry book title)



With a flame and a beautiful name



The perfect end to us



Nature Be

Breakfast in bed



Poetry Class



She saw me

A spider under the couch



Maybe I should crawl into that tobacco pouch!

She doesn’t want to touch me

She doesn’t want to crush me

But I have big eyes and my

Fangs are waving about!

What scares you the most,a spider or a tiger?

Tigers are strikers but spiders are

Mighty hiders!

I know where all the conkers are

In the corners of every room

But when I hear the hover on,

I can feel impending doom!



‘I write to preserve something

I’ve thought/felt/seen’-Philip Larkin



While the poem is getting written

You have to trust it and yourself

And do the best you can with what’s to hand.



Memory is mother of the muse



Memorable speeches

The message they carry



Sucking toffees

Supping coffees



Hot penning



‘A summerset’s mix with marmalade spread’-Maxim Holt



Sophie (daughter of Maxim Holt)



‘Do you remember that day when the stars tumbled

Onto a glittering stone-strewn path

Beneath our feet?’



‘It was easy as crossing the street with a jug of beer.

Cracked glass for pouring pale-ale.

Soft gas light threw shadows

Embellishing each tale’-Maxim Holt



Picture

A blossom floating on a lake



Sweetbreads raisins and currants



‘Blue by the riverbank’-Gillian Clarke



‘Pretty as a puppy’-Gillian Clarke



When two people see the same stars



‘Every song a torch in the dark’-Gillian Clarke



A human sign



Satellites,Angels and Souls



No comments:

Post a Comment