Wednesday 9 January 2019

Deer


Deer



I wonder if we will see a deer

Standing in sunlight like a chandelier

Drinking from a spring that’s crystal-clear

Hiding from the mountaineers

Maybe we should take a trip to Devon or

Windermere!



If we are quiet in the woods

We might hear them running away

There’s people with guns that want antlers for display



We shed a tear till next year,around May



Owl



I wonder if we will see an Owl

I dreamed it’s wings span around me

He landed on my arm

I dreamed his talons found me

And I wasn’t alarmed



The strength of his wings

The beauty of spring

I nearly fell over but he made me believe



We visited the farm

His white feathers made a psalm



My eyes followed him in the sky and I cried,

So long



I could see he had a magical heart

A light to follow before the day starts



The Fog



Creeping in,you almost stop breathing

My heart is beating loud

The car is waiting around

At least we can look for cat’s eyes

They make us rise from our seats

Dad,could you turn up the heat?

Pass us a boiled sweet?



The Fog,like a creature you can’t see more than a metre

You sit in the back and say a prayer

The thick fog is everywhere



We have the lights on,on the motorway,

Will we ever get home today?



It sits on the ground like a mysterious shadow

You have to be patient,hour by hour



World Trade Center 9/11

London 7/7

When everything went still and grey

Humanity and spirit saved many



Elf poem



I heard an Elf on the shelf,whispering

Have you seen them all kissing?!

Watching the tv,drinking,eating?

Greeting at the front door

Bringing in the white snow



Have you seen them dancing

Fancying that dessert?

Battling the elements?

Diving into their presents?

Boxes everywhere

Made into a shelter!



They are looking at the baubles

They can see their own reflection

They are touching the tinsel

And wonderful confection!



When everyone goes to bed we come to life

Have a giggle over their growing middles!

Playing the piano and piccolo,

Planning a Christmas show

Merry Merry Christmas,and of course

Hello!!




No comments:

Post a Comment