Wednesday 9 January 2019

Hmmm fill me with dessert


Hmmmm

Fill me with dessert!



Dad,the angel of the drums



Ode to a Weather Girl



I write you poems and send you flowers

You give me hailstones and scattered showers



‘Your company is bliss’-Brian Bilston



Little poems



‘You would write

Little poems for me,

And scatter them

Around the house,

Like unexpected confetti’-Brian Bilston



Schizophrenia ‘The thundering’



The Wishbone



A new girl at school

Like dipping my toe in a paddling pool

Will it be cold or will it be warm?

I walk into the classroom alone

I wonder,where will I find a friend?

I wish I was a comedienne



Then I see him,I look again and again

I wish I could write like Lennon



I remember the glow of the cigarettes

I thought that he was perfect

I had a hot desire

I imagined sitting and kissing round a campfire

And wearing a blue sapphire

How could I get his attention?

Wear wonderbra’s , communication?!



I once sent him a Christmas card

Dreamed of holding hands on the promenade

My first time at a nightclub he came and said hello

I then reached for some mistletoe



Today,you would call it a crush

Every 10 minutes,my hair got brushed!

I used to wear strawberry lip balm and Charlie perfume



I needed him to raise his head when I entered the room

It was Sunday evening and mum made a roast

Chicken,carrots and swede,broccoli and potatoes

Then dad removed the wishbone

I made a wish and I won,

I got true love and oxygen (life)



Metaphor of the domestic

The kettle was boiling

They had another fight



The dinner was spoiling

Would this last all night?



The pots were stacking

I dreamed they stopped attacking

The washer kept spinning

And the walls were thinning!



The hover kept going but the

Conversation stopped flowing

The windows got clean

But they stopped being a team



They went to bed at the same time

No kiss,no smile



Superstition

Touch wood –comes from wooden cross T



‘New supernova’-John Wilkinson



‘Orange dust’-Susanne Holt (sand,Lisa Howarth)



Soft coral

I want to touch



Why am I listening to the whispers in the dark?



Ted Hughes

‘my strength,my beauty,my life’


No comments:

Post a Comment