Saturday 20 March 2021

'Come forth and feel the sun'


‘Come forth and feel the sun’-William Wordsworth

 

‘A wakening star’-Tony Mitton

 

‘Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there I do not sleep

I am a thousand winds that blow

I am the diamond glints on snow’-Mary Elizabeth Frye

 

Snow-covered

The brightening air

 

‘Rhyme to the sky’-A.A.Milne

 

Over the hill?

Chill

I’ll be your angel

 

‘Back in the playground blues’

‘Well you get it for being Jewish

And you get it for being black

Get it for being chicken

Get it for fighting back

You get it for bring big and fat

Get it for being small

O those who get it and get it

For any dawn thing at all ‘-Adrian Mitchell


‘I want to touch the clouds

I want to sing out loud’-John Agard

 

‘The daylight dies and darkness grows’-Mary Ann Hoberman

 

‘Pool of opened eye’-John Hollander

‘The pool of moon’-Vita Sackville-West

 

‘The moon says:Bless

The stars say:Enjoy the light’-Adrian Mitchell

 

Tender writing and a place by the ocean

 

Love You More

‘Do I love you

To the moon and back?

No I love you

More than that

I love you to the desert sands

The mountains,stars

The planets and

I love you to the deepest sea

And deeper still

Through history

Before beyond I love you then

I love you now

I’ll love you when

The Sun’s gone out

The moon’s gone home

And all the stars are fully grown

When I no longer say these words

I’ll give them to the wind,the birds

So that they will still be heard

I love you’-James Carter

 

‘The whispers of the land’-Kevin McManus

 

‘The melody of a familiar song’-Kevin McManus

 

Terrible Isolation

 

No Weddings,no parties,no funerals

No celebration

We have to go shopping on our own

I think I’ve put on about a stone

I can’t deal with this separation

 

Some of us are making a transformation

Some of us are using our imagination

Supporting the NHS as a nation

Your tier depends on your location

Is everyone feeling the temptation?

 

We just need to be patient

Wait out turn for a vaccination

 

‘The sun casts its colours’-Kevin McManus

 

‘The moonlight lake’-Kevin McManus

 


No comments:

Post a Comment