Tuesday 6 December 2022

They are further up the road

They are further up the road

My story is yet to be told

In a game of cards

I do not want to fold


I wanna open a fairy door

A magical door

Run into the garden to explore,

And say hello

Pick up some daisies 

White and yellow


Goodbye Summer


Grandmas silky lawns

Giant ice cream cones


Cheeky gnomes

Pebbles and stones


Flowers and butterflies

Birdsong

I miss being young


I miss my Grandma

Her freckles ,her hair

That dressing table and chair

Looking in the mirror and

Putting on her clip earrings

I remember these things


Nan


The button box

The boat that docks


My hair in rags

I feel like goldilocks


I remember the clock in the living room

She always asked me to sing a tune


On every visit I looked up at the moon

Praying and loving you


I loved knocking on the door

Bella barking and putting on a show


When you talked about war

Rations and hiding in shelters,the 

Blitz and more


Memory


Mum sharing a chocolate bar

Dad letting us drive the car

Nan taking us to a Christingle

Grandmas eyes had a twinkle

Grandad told stories and told us not to worry

Grandpa played the saxophone,music was

In his bones


Watching a Christmas movie

The leading man is a beauty!

Thinking about getting out the tree

The holly and the Ivy

I've started to write my Christmas list

Getting in to the spirit 

How much will I need for the gifts?

How much will I need for the drinks?


I could do with another outfit,

A new coat,everything lit

Hot chocolate,gingerbread

Christmas songs I cant get out of my head!!


Did I tell you enough?

Did I remind you of my love?

Did I treat you good?

Did I keep you warm with firewood?


Did I put you first?

Did I write a verse?

I certainly put in the work



No comments:

Post a Comment