Friday 3 March 2023

Ripples were made

Ripples were made

In the bedroom

Under the moon


'Our two pale bodies

Move in the late light,

Slowly as doves do,breathing'-Carol Ann Duffy


'I looked at the lights sparkling on the sea'-Sophie Large


'Rings'-by Carol Ann Duffy


'I might have raised your hand to the sky

To give you the ring surrounding the moon

Or looked to twin the rings of your eyes with mine

Or added a ring to the rings of a tree

By forming a handheld circle with you,

Or walked with you

Where a ring of churchbells looped the fields 

Or kissed a lipstick ring

On your cheek,a pressed flower!


In simple love

To God above

A fluttering dove


He promised their would be

No more floods

I like to take a walk in the woods


God's love in rainbows

Thankyou for this food on the table


LOVE

Fondness,warmth,intimacy,attachment,

passion,deep affection


My hand fits yours

You guide me to the dance floor


November 5th

Bonfire night

Heart beating with fireworks

We speak in light verse

I listen to every word


Eyes sparkling with electricity 

Simplicity ,

Acceptability 


'Eyes that lights up at the sight of you'-Anna Dolidze


Poetry brings value to my life

Poetic fire



No comments:

Post a Comment