Wednesday 17 July 2019

I love a fountain


I love a fountain

My heart is pounding



I love the sound of water



Letter Aged 12

‘The One’



I wake up every morning and look around

But you are not here yet,I know we are bound.

I open the curtains,let the sunlight in.I hear the birds singing.

Did I dream of you last night?

Do you believe in love at first sight?

I walk to school,do you think I am cool?

Shall we meet at the swimming pool?



Do you notice when I curl my hair?

Do you notice what I wear?

I want to surprize you on non-uniform day

Look my best,blow you away

Hold your soft hand

Walk across the cold sand

I want to kiss you at the school disco

No matter where you are,my eyes follow

I want to call round your house

In my new white blouse



I want to cheer for you when you play football

Jump up and down when I get your call



I want to buy you a mars bar at the canteen

Play Romeo and Juliet in a Shakespeare scene

Maybe we could meet at the park

Before it gets dark,smile at the swings,

My entire heart



Maybe you could meet me at the youth zone

Or at Robinsons ice cream van,I’ll buy you a cone

Would you like a game of curby?

Or climb trees and get so dirty!



I want to give you a Valentines card

I want to give you all of the stars

Let’s meet at the garage,have a game of pool

Let’s look up and share the moon



Kissing in the corridor

Kissing in the supermarket store

Kissing at a Broadway show



Friday Blues



I hate high-heeled shoes

But the reason I cry is,

It’s not me they choose



I’m sat here watching the soaps

Asking why was I pushed off the boat?

Do they laugh,do they joke?



I have the words,I just need the notes

Was it really my folks?

I don’t have anyone and it haunts



A chocolate on my pillow

A flower by the window

A body like a cello

The sun is warm and yellow



I got the exam time wrong

I was so upset,but then I was young

I wanted to sing from the top of my lungs

And have some fun

Walk along the ocean to the beat of a drum



I met a dreaming comedian

Who wanted to have some children

But he tried to kill me for no reason



Tonight won’t be the night

But I know how to fight

Waiting to unite

Someone to like

Something to write



The power of a break up

Kinda makes you wake up



Alone and thrown to the ground


No comments:

Post a Comment