Tuesday 26 November 2019

Christmas


Christmas



I just can’t sleep

Thinking about the disco beat

And all those lovely things to eat

Asking,will the snow be deep?



I wish I could greet,Santa Claus

I’ve decorated the tree with baubles

Put fairylights up on the walls

Look how the angel glows



Sherry and a mince pie

Will I see Santa fly?

I want to wait at the fireside

Will there be presents under the tree?

I check every hour to see if he’s been



Will there be nuts and quality streets?

Will I get new slippers for my feet?



Turkey and the trimmings

Turkey sandwich fillings



Watching Top of the Pops

Everything stops

Pass me that box of biscuits



A time for family

To play games and be greedy



I want to watch a snow globe

Cuddle Santa in his robe

Looking at the decoration

In the shopping mall

Getting excited when the postman calls



I want to wear a Santa hat

A Christmas jumper to attract

An Elf is on the shelf

As the snowflakes melt



Christmas list

Just a kiss



As the snowflakes fell

I watched from my cell

I dreamed of his kisses

From a pit of hell



Would I sell and kiss and tell?

No,you are so special



Christmas in the sun

Would that be more fun?

Can it really compare to The Snowmen?



Christmas in the sun

A BBQ for everyone

Can it really compare to

Turkey from the oven?



Christmas in the sun

Shall we go for a run?

Can it really compare to

Eating chocolate and watching Bond?



Christmas in the sun

Think about the young

They can put an Angel on the tree

And sing carols to our Lord



Christmas in the sun

A day on the beach

Can it really compare to

Snow for the whole two weeks?



I feel bad for the homeless

They need prayer



The gift of love

The tale of the turtle dove

Will we see Santa if we look above?



This time of year

I still have a tear


No comments:

Post a Comment