Tuesday 26 November 2019

Let's go under the covers


Let’s go under the covers

Forget about cheating lovers

Nobody deserves to suffer

Nobody deserves the gutter



I am not the elite

I am not on my feet

Too much sleep

Too much to eat



Handwritten



I wrote you those letters

Wore all you sweaters



A candle like hers



Some flowering

Some souring



Alarmist panicked



A want of devotion

Looking at the sea



You are magic

A paradise for the children



Patterns of jade



‘Soft red sun riding waves’-Sheenagh Pugh



The sea creamed in



A pub dissolved in merriment



A code to you



In shape

Let me wake



A brassy flame

A classy name



The blissful park

Music and the sky



The piano weaves



With quiet eyes

A smile like a rainbow



I didn’t see you today

Maybe your just staying away

I looked all around last night

Couldn’t find my Aphrodite



Do you think I will always be afraid?

Do you think I will be betrayed?

Will I always be haunted by the choices I have made?



I hate it when the bus is delayed

I keep thinking about how much I weigh

How long will the sun stay?



I wanted a world to explore

But I also wanted to be the girl next door

Let’s get started on the dancefloor

Listen to the music call



Too the gym

Too many sweet wrappers in the bin

Too many biscuits in the tin!



What happened to being a lady?

What happened to the bravery?

What happened to my waist?

What happened to my faith?

What happened to my future?

What happened to God,my tutor?

What happened?



Look above

A sky of admirers



No comments:

Post a Comment