Tuesday 25 July 2023

Spiritual thirst

Spiritual thirst


I wanna light a candle and take a moment

Remember the enjoyment

We were the closest

You always noticed when I was down

I would have made you a crown


Cold inhumanity

Feeling bad when you see the homeless on the streets


My dark cedar tree

Looks like they were hurting me 

I used to feel like I had friends

We played football and dens

Went swimming and bought popcorn from the vends!


Village light

The hero that saved the day

Ran into the fire,kept the floods away

Landed a plane without a engine

Talking someone out of suicide 

With conversation


Navigating the teenage years

Went to college,ended with tears

Didnt have anyone to lend a ear

Didnt have a clue what would be my career

Lonely and lost


A robe of strength around me

When mum put on my coat

Zipped me up ready for a walk

Held me hand,taught me how to cross the road


Lighting a candle

A little light for you


I remember when you whistled a tune

Taught me all the phases of the moon


'Remember as a child when youd walk amongst the trees

And youd find a stick that held so many possibilties'-Becky Hemsley


Like her soul had come alive

A house of butterflies

A beautiful sunrise


Giving me the purple chill


Kindling,singing


'Dont compare your petals to the ones of those next door

Dont worry of they tower whilst you've barely left the floor'-Becky Hemsley


I will catch you as you fall

You are so wonderful


Magic inner child

Chosing a book with a smile


Thats what I think of when I write

Turning on a light

Bringing out a kite


First up to dance

Taking a chance

I wonder if Ill get that glance


I wanna see

A thousand fairy lights

A thousand fancy kites


I wanna see

Chinese lanterns in the sky

Bird patterns as they fly


I wanna see

Seven magpies


We are magic and moonlight

We kiss and make our wish


I forget how cute you are


'Talking to the wild'-Becky Hensley


The moon that night

Orangelight

Swinging in a hammock

As I write


Looking at the stars

I am in a magical trance

Dreaming of a romantic dance


You are my life boat

My warm coat

My life jacket that keeps me afloat

I feel surrounded by a moat


I used to drive

I had mad love vibes

Then I hd to go to the hospital just to survive

I really cried


Music a friend


'A friend is like a star that twinkles and glows'- Ashley Campbell


No comments:

Post a Comment