Tuesday 21 November 2023

Your body against mine

Your body against mine

Why do they treat us like a crime?

I saw the sign,it was our time

Holding hands as we dine


Smiling in candlelight


Nothing compares to sleeping when you hold me

You listen to me telling a story

You take care of me when I'm feeling poorly


Destroying creativity 

When they discourage me


I have always been a dreamer

In search of a healer


The beginning

My old self again


Kiss my temple


Always shines 

Always blooms


The feeling of home

Returning home

Falling asleep in the car

Being carried to bed by dada

Tucked in and dreaming of stars


She looks at you 

Little hearts in her eyes

That big,big smile


Please can I have some sweets?

Sit in the front seat?


Children are meant to be

Imaginative,playful and free


They like to play with your keys

Play make-believe


Cocktails and pretty drinks


My heart alight

My heart afire


Secrets


Like what I weigh this morning

or what year I was born in


Like what I have already eaten today

or what I have spent on my holiday


I am always reliving my mistakes and the heartache


Those gorgeous lips on mine

A smile full of poems to write


Our love is a masterpiece

Don't turn into a beast

Today we will feast

We will find out peace


I am taking a risk

Only hurt makes me feel like this

You leave me alone,

I just want your kiss

Am I your bliss?


Perfect happiness?


No comments:

Post a Comment