Sunday 16 January 2011

Childhood Aged 6-14

I grab a football from the garage
And play on my own
My mum comes out with a tea towel telling me to come home!
Instead I wish for companions
People to share a joke
One more minute
I hope they arrive
I've even got drinks of coke!

I have always loved playing elastics
It means we need three people
Most games leave me
Facing a nearby steeple

Handstands on the hill
Making daisy chains
Cart-wheels on the hill
Full of grass stains

Rolling down the hill
Spinning so fast
Laughing when I reach the end
I hope this fun day lasts

Leap-frog on the playing field
Didn't go well
After I tried to jump over my friends
I would wait for the school bell

A magnetic drawing board and a colour doodle
Got me out of trouble
I would draw wings on the wall
And pretend I was a famous artist

For my birthday I was given a spiral kit
With different coloured pens
I would sit there for hours drawing circles
And give them all to friends

My first bicycle had stabillisers
When I was learning to ride
I would shout 'Look at me dad,Watch,be my guide!

With my sister Jen-Jar
I would sometimes do a jig-saw
We would sometimes do a jig-saw
And try not to create an uproar

Taking a walk through the meadow on foot
I picked up a buttercup
Gave the plant with yellow flowers a look
Dried it out for my press flower book

No comments:

Post a Comment