Wednesday 19 January 2011

Childhood holidays

On my first trip to the beach
I took a bucket and spade
Mum made me a boat from sand
I climbed in and waved!

On my first go on a sliding pole
I landed in plastic balls
Mum and Dad would watch me outside
And applause!

Somersaults

My first go on a trampoline was at St Annes,Lytham
My sister and I would compete
Until it hurt our feet

Memory

'There's somebody at the door'!
'There's somebody at the door'!
On holiday in Minehead staying at
'The Beach Hotel'
My sister and I saw 'Emu'!

The Family Holiday

When I was three
We all went on holiday
My mum,my dad,my sister,nan,my aunties,my uncles and cousins

Dad took me to a stream
To watch the fishes
We stood on a small bridge
He let go of my hand and I fell in
It was not my cousins wishes!

On Holiday

A sand-pit,paddling pool
A hot mid-day sun

A beach ball
And a watergun!

Tasmania

Dolphins on the wall
Speaking to my soul

Joyfully
Heartily
We travel on our holiday

Blackpool

When I go to Blackpool Illuminations
I look up and imagine them light up the nation

Blackpool trams

In Melbourne they have trams like Blackpool

Memory

10p tea shop at the top of Leyland
10p tea shop in Blackpool

Manhattan

My gaze was nailed to the scene
I dream't of the big screen

On Holiday

Boogie boarding
Body boarding in Cornwall
The waves have Great Expectations
Be we would often slip and fall

Since Tasmania

I dream of owning a CamperVan
I dream of travelling the world and 'nam' (Vietnam)

No comments:

Post a Comment