Saturday 5 December 2020

Childhood

 

Childhood

 

Marbles in my pocket

Hiding in the garden shed

 

You are a whole sea of blue

 

‘When night is dark

My cat is wise

To light the lanterns in his eyes’-Aileen Fisher

 

‘Biscuit tin as touching as a once loved toy’-Wendy Cope

 

A warm bath

Sylvia Plath

Learning the craft

 

A little house with a purple door

A blossom tree that is magical

A peaceful place with a waterfall

 

Lot’s of roses.the smells of grass

Butterflies are flickering past

There’s swings in the garden

And a trampoline

I look at the sky and I have my dream

 

I would really like a swimming pool

Or a beach house,a small walkaway from the dunes


Inside,a great grandfathers clock

A wine cellar fully stocked!

 

Velvet curtains and flowers in the window

A quiet place to read my kindle

A log fire and a warm bed to sink into

 

A perfect holiday?

 

Will I meet you on the plane?

Will I return without weight gain?

Do you think its going to rain?

 

Will you blow my mind away?

Will you consider that we stay?

Will we walk along the bay?

 

Will we try some different food?

Spend hours in the nude?

Shall we try expensive wine?

Under those stars that shine?

 

Will you put a flower in my hair?

Will you show me to my chair?

Whatever I wear?

Whatever we share?

 

Young and of quality

 

Vows and caresses


Love in both our faces

 

The beauty and the softness of her dress

 

A new song?

A new way into my heart

 

The kindling fire

Be warm and retire

 

We need to endure all weathers

 

Eternal good with him

 

The reach if tides and honest fields

Birds springing from their nest

 

My joker,my hero

To be nearer to the sea

 

The light of Orion

I remembered to light the fire Tom

We made love on the rug of a Lion

The Angels formed a choir and

Sang like a Siren

 

Clouds that we could fly on

Planets that we could design on

A milky way we could rhyme on

 


No comments:

Post a Comment