Saturday 5 December 2020

Give me a sign

 Give me a sign

I’m writing rhyme

A glass of wine

To the good times

 

I didn’t know a ladybird was actually a beetle!

 

‘Beetle people’

 

‘The Plectrum Selection’

I remember the shop

And my Howarth’s music top!

 

I hope Nan is ok in lockdown

It’s kind of a shock now,


To be in the second wave

I hope the NHS can be saved

 

I hate the thought of her being alone

At least she has a portal at home

I would love to see her

Bring pies and a vanilla

But I’ll just have to phone

 

I pray for my Nan

She’ll stay well,she’ll stay warm

 

What will be the new norm?

 

There’s a song on your tongue

You help me belong

I want to feel strong

Happy and young

 

I’m singing along

Maybe you’ll get that gong!

 

I am in so much pain

There’s daggers in my brain

My eyes are full of rain

Why can’t I feel sane?

 

The truth will always come out

I don’t doubt

But I still must count


We are old friends

Tell me your worries and problems

I’ll be listening,

Just start from the beginning

 

‘Learn to walk

And run

And fight

And dance’-Sonia Shyfrin

 

‘Emerald hills washed by mellow light’-Sonia Shyfrin

 

‘The flaming city’-Sonia Shyfrin

 

I dream of thousands of stars

And a smiling valley

 

Autumn bonfires

Keep my hands warm

But this year it is

Fireworks at home

 

INSPIRE

To teach,to encourage,to share

 

Show me love

Break through the clouds

 

A negro song

 


No comments:

Post a Comment