Wednesday 16 December 2020

Original wonder

 

Original wonder

The perfect plot

 

Building ‘The Best You’

 

‘Never allow your history

To eclipse the present you –Michelle G.Stradford

 

The killer career position

 

‘To not just survive but thrive’-Anon

 

In the protection zone

 

The nectar of longevity and destiny

 

My mind is lit

Can’t get to sleep

 

You make me feel toasty warm

With you I am always home

Or under a starlit sky in Rome

Why am I alone?

 

I want to step on a plane

I’m looking for a blue flame

To carry him on a gold chain

Put his picture in a frame

 

I want to step on a boat

And listen to his jokes

Someone I can really dote on

Someone I can sugarcoat on

Share emotion

 

Christmas

 

Running down the stairs

Listening to jingle bells

Did Santa have his sherry and mince pie?

Did Santa do loop the loop in the sky?

 

The lights are magical

Like going to a Christingle

 

The lights are in the window

They shine on my pillow

 

Chocolate for breakfast on a Christmas calendar

Ticking off ‘to do’s’ on a weekly planner

Playing carols on the piana!

 

 A silver moon

A golden bloom

 

Starlight in my room

A family chat on zoom


George

 

You are my wonderland

You hold my hand

I help you stand

My baby grand

 

Christmas

 

I want to touch the tree

Touch the baubles shining at me

 

I want to touch the Angel praying

 

No carol service

But we can still worship

 

God bless all the churches

The Bible and its verses

 

Let’s have a drink of two

Top up a glass of Malibo

 

We have butterscotch snaps

And orange gin

 

We have Baileys on ice and

Cocktail mixing !

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment