Saturday 5 December 2020

Coloured lights and laughter

 

Coloured lights and laughter

 

‘When on the ground red apples lie

In piles like jewels shining’-Helen Hunt Jackson

 

‘Life revives and blossoms again’-EA.Pauline Johnson

 

By my being and breath

 

‘For God created all to bless’-Thomas Chatterton

 

‘Love came down at Christmas

Love all lovely,love divine

 

‘Love was born at Christmas

Star and angels gave the sign’-Christina Georgina Rossetti

 

A trend setter or a trend getter?

 

If I could swim the ocean

If I could make love potion

Give you a raft to float on

Would you be my Dawson?

 

If I could fly to outer space

If I could make a model of your face

If I could sew the most delicate lace

Would you always hold my waist?

 

I want to tell the truth


Chips and paprika?

 

‘The radiant star’-Frances Horovitz

 

Quiet paradise

‘The bowl of bliss’-Sir Walter Raleigh

 

In a sunny lane

A gentle path

 

‘Shopping for images’-Percy Bysshe Shelley

 

A decent happiness

 

A magic city

Looking out of the plane

 

‘Brave new songs’

Caressing poems

 

I can feel your hands

 

Colours of the earth

All the colours of the earth

 

I used to pretend,I was in a cave

I knew with you,I would be safe

Even if we had just one day together

I would still be made


I would watch the waves

And keep my gaze

 

So I didn’t get straight A’s

Looking forward to the holidays

I want to feel brave,not afraid

I needed some friends

I needed to cleanse

 

The microphone

An ice cream cone

 

A date in Rome

Your hearts so warm

It’s the end of the storm

Let’s eat popcorn

 

You gave me flowers

We talked for hours

I thought you had special powers

Save me from a burning tower

 

Who am I?

Will I swim the ocean?

Cross the sky?

Will I smile everyday or will I cry?

Will it be you and I?

 

My memory is wiped

I close my eyes at night


Maybe a Viking ship will rescue me

Maybe a Roman general will set me free

Maybe a American native will put up a Tee Pee

 


No comments:

Post a Comment