Saturday 5 December 2020

'I chatter over stonyways'

 

‘I chatter over stony ways

In little sharps and trebles

I bubble into eddying bays,

I babble on the pebbles’-Alfred Lord Tennyson

 

‘With lisp of leaves and ripple of rain’-Algernon Charles Swinburne

 

‘The Opal and the sapphire’-Thomas Hardy

 

‘The carol,the creation’-Gerard Manley Hopkins

 

Passionate powers

 

The dancing

Do you remember?

 

Family sharing candy

 

‘In a euphoric dream’-W H Auden

 

Pure songsters

 

‘For which their whole lives were a preparation’-Elizabeth Jennings

 

A sea of eyes

 

‘I don’t think you will ever fully comprehend

How you’ve made my dreams come true

Or how you’ve opened my heart

And the wonders it can do’ –Anon


Dancing together

We can face tropical weather

Fall into bed,live their forever

 

Love is in my heart for you

Deeply,truly perfect blue

 

Pain

A dying dark lane

 

In each others eyes

Holding hands feels good and wise

 

Do you see me cry?

Do you know why?

 

‘Where there is love

The heart is light

Where there is love

The day is bright’-Helen Steiner Rice

 

Of our God

 

The Illuminations

 

I wish the illuminations were on till Christmas

I remember it well with my brother and sister

 

The lights were exciting

The cold was biting


But we had fish and chips

Hot chocolate with marshmallow and whip

 

Blackpool tower

In an Northern shower

Piers filled with laughter

 

‘The scent of apples’-Robert Frost

 

‘Soft petals have fallen’-Robert Frost

 

‘Candle power eyes’-Ted Hughes

 

‘On the paradise box of paradise chocs’-Ted Hughes

 

‘The flowing ribbon of the sea’-Anon

 

An Owler

 

‘A lasting mountain’-Ted Hughes

 

‘The melt of marshmallows’-Ted Hughes

 

Interstellar heavens

 

‘To sigh for a whole day’-Ted Hughes

 

Blessed,The blue afternoon

 

‘A glistening piece of treasure’- Ted Hughes


No comments:

Post a Comment