Saturday 4 December 2021

Bonfire

 Bonfire


The sky was dark

All of a sudden I saw a spark!

Standing on the park or

Watching fireworks from the end of the yard


All eyes bright

I cross my heart

My sounding heart


Ghosts

Notes and hopes


Ghosts

When the wind blows

When the spirit glows


'Let no-one steal your dreams

Let no-one tear apart

That burning of ambition 

That fires the drive inside your heart'-Paul Cookson


Truly true and whole


To laughing years

A picnic on the moon


'Dazzle dance'-John Rice


Admiration in bed together

In sour and sweet


I must sugar my hair


Shakespeare and the sun


Dont say goodbye

It will feel like a bird that cannot fly

It will feel like a pain that will not die

It will feel like the rain that will not dry

It will feel like the sun that will not rise


I will lose my smile 

You will see me cry

As I watch the tide

You are my star-filled sky


I found a message

I dont wanna be possessive

All the love I invested

My heart has arrested


Im clinging to a wreckage

Meeting you was a blessing 

Now,I have a question

Are you messing?

Im still processing

I think I might cry


I need a star for my crescent

To not take anti-depressant

Rest on me like a pendant


You make me truly whole


Im so hurt 

Why dont we work?

Following some 'other skirt'

You were the first

 I really searched


Your in my verse

I felt like a picked flower,unearthed

It was love and birth

I have value

I have worth


'Green Shoots Writers'



No comments:

Post a Comment