Saturday 4 July 2020

Broken is my sleep


Broken is my sleep

Will my verses make a sonnet?



‘Bleed in open war’-William

Wordsworth



‘That southern beam’-James Leigh Hunt



‘Golden orb of perfect song’-Elizabeth Barrett Browning



‘Made beautiful with song’-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



‘Sea and shore-body and soul’-Edgar Allan Poe



The Mountain glowed



‘Communicated in a long close kiss’-John Addington Symonds



‘Tiny clouds of love’-Rupert Brooke



I cry

Years go by

Still I cry



The birds don’t fly

The words won’t come to mind



Weight gain weight pain

Weight loss weight boss


Be the boss



The Lisa Flame



Brain flame



Famous weight gainers

Famous stretch marks

These are the dangers of photographs!



But it is the truth,the reality

Try not to be full of anxiety

You just need the right dietary



It’s all just society



I hate the cold

I hate the rain

I hate getting old

And I hate feeling insane



I hate the vain but I hate the plain

I want to go to Spain and entertain



English girl,little curls

Running her finger through a

String of pearls

Trying on clip on earrings

Getting ready for the world



Inside I cried

All the flowers died

When you lied



Inside I smiled

Just like a child

When you travelled lots of miles



Inside I felt peace

In the summer heat

When you reached out your hand

On the beach



Inside I felt joy

With a new gadget toy

My messenger boy



Is it on my fingertips?

Or is it in my warm lips?



Is it on a departing ship?

Or is it my big hips?



Depression



I used to skip to school

But now I’m not in the mood

I used to run to the swimming baths

Avoided the cracks in the path




No comments:

Post a Comment