Saturday 4 July 2020

There is a blessing in the air





‘There is a blessing in the air’-William Wordsworth



‘A feeling and a love’-William Wordsworth



The hazel rose with the campers



An English campfire



‘A perfect woman,

Nobly planned,

To warm,to comfort,and command,

And yet a spirit still and bright,

With something of angelic light’-William Wordsworth



Love and longings



Love is folly



‘Beneath of sky of bliss’-William Wordsworth



Recognised intelligence



‘Or splendour in the grass’

Or glory in the flower’-William Wordsworth



‘The spark of local fire’-William Wordsworth



If I was in a movie

Would you chose me?



If I wrote a song

Would you sing along?



If I drew a picture

Would you want my signature?



If I took a photograph and made you laugh

Would you draw me a bath?



If I wrote some poetry

Would you be beside me?



Don’t you cheat

Or blame it on being weak

I’m yours for keeps

Just you and me between the sheets



A web of deceit

Who did you meet?



I saved you a seat

Ordered takeaway on Just Eat

Ordered you drinks in the heat

Imagined the beach



The soul of the bean



Disney sleep



We sat on the bay

Walked through the valley

Enjoyed every ray

But when the sky went grey

I would pray,that you didn’t betray

That you didn’t stray



We sat and held hands on the bench

Waved to each other over the fence

Bought hubba bubba for 15 pence

And ice pops to quench



I can feel the grass on my toes

I can smell the flowers under my nose

The beauty of the rosebush

I think I need a paint brush



It’s been a while since I danced

Or shared a glance,a trance



I thought I had a chance

I watered the plants



Shooting star,

Shooting star,

There you are



Supernova,supernova,

I’m getting closer


No comments:

Post a Comment