Saturday 4 July 2020

Mothers day


Mothers Day



Thankyou for those 3am feeds

Thankyou for giving me everything I need

For giving me a kiss when I took the lead



Thankyou for dressing me everyday

Telling me everything will be ok

Sitting down with me to play



Thankyou for reading a story at night

Switching on cartoons at first light

Sticking up for me in a fight



Thankyou for all the cuddles

Helping me with puzzles

Taking me to Jungle Jims



You took me to the beach

Bought us Cornish pasties

Beating our eye lashes at all the boys



Every birthday we had a party

And your home made cakes were covered in icing

And always enjoyed!



I remember the amethyst

I knew I was a romanticist



Having kissed Again kissed

Having missed Again missed



To be a pianist



Now it is getting lighter at night

I want to sit and talk outside



Toast marshmallows in the firelight

See the moon in your eyes



In your face and in your eyes

I feel many butterflies

In your skin and in your lips

I am totally eclipsed

In your arms and in your hands

I am safe in every land



I feel hurt

It’s gonna take some work

I got to go to the gym

And begin my search



Shall I go to church?

The light of the earth?



I am verging on tears

It’s been so many years ALONE



No school love

No college love

They say you have to kiss a few frogs



No Uni love

No work love

I find myself asking ,why God?



No gym love

No supermarket love

Maybe the right one will read my blog



Friends and Arrends



Going to great lengths

That speak good sense

Having a chat over the fence

With no pretence



Coronavirus



I wanna be a hero

Find some fuckin t-roll

And paracetamol



I wanna buy some pasta

Supermarkets I wanna ask you

Why are we running out?



There’s no coca-cola

I guess somebody has told ya

I really wanted eggs this morning

Now I am lost and roaming



I hope you don’t run out of milk

If your bulk buying I hope your feel guilt



There are mothers out there

Needing formula and nappies

Babies are crying and unhappy



Remember when your parents told you to share?

We need to stick together and stay inside ,

Be extra clever

No comments:

Post a Comment