Saturday 4 July 2020

The cold white radiance of your deed


‘The cold white radiance of your deed’-Dorothy Parker



I stayed in bed and ate too much bread

I got a lift to the shop and bought to much pop

I opened my secret place and ate too much choc

I was generous with the cheese and crackers

Does it really matter?



Valentine

Maybe this time

I’ll be first in line

Will life be kind?



I’m not after a gold mine

I’m not after a fine dine

Just a sign



Roses are red

Violets are blue

I think of those flowers

And I think of you



A spirit of togetherness and foreverness



A perfect little treat seeing my niece and nephews



Path to the church

A rainbow smile



‘The joyous rhyme of the evening time’-William Ronald Hawkins



I look at the weather

You are a treasure

I just want to bed ya!



Mother and Father



May your day be full of surprizes

With a party and a cake

May you cut it into slices

For your family and mates



May your presents be what you wanted

May your balloons stay in the air

May your day be full of laughter

You are beautiful and rare



May your children show they love you

May the weather be on your side

May this card make you smile

And around with pride



It’s like waking up to treasure,

Everyday

You take away the pressure

And move us out of harm’s way



We hope you will cry happy tears

And stay with us for many years

We hope that lady luck brings you

More love and cheers



Sister



Happy Birthday to my Sister

I’ll bring you coffee and a cake

Like I am a barista!



When we were kids,I held her hand and kissed her

When I went to school,I missed her

When we were playing games,we used to whisper,

When we said our prayers,

I wished her ,a good night



We had to wear the same clothes

Our cheeks had the same glow



We spent lot’s of time on the swings

And ran to the ice cream van when

We heard it ring



We used to go down the road

To see our cousins and complete

Really big puzzles



Brother



Happy Birthday to my Brother!

I’ll get the beers in,are we having another?

Just be careful,I don’t want you to suffer!

When you were born,I wanted to be your mother!

When it rained I put on your cover



I hope I taught you to be tougher

Don’t take shit from any fuckers

Sometimes life can be a sucker

Share he cooking and get booking

Your best holiday but don’t play away



As I go down memory lane

I think about our marble games

And Super Mario,how times have changed

But the one thing that remains,

I am your sister

And I will do anything to fix ya!



Nan



Everytime we approached your house

Dad told us to be quiet as a mouse

We ran up to the front door

Pressed the bell on our tiptoes



Then we went into the kitchen and

Straight to the biscuit tin

Turned the TV on and put a video in



I remember looking at the drinks cabinet

Babycham and minitures to collect

We loved looking at your tomato plant,

And having ants in our pants!



At Christmas timewe had a dance

Turned the HiFi to the max!



We sat at the table playing games

And solving puzzles with Aunties,Uncles and Cousins

The table was always full of food

We waited our turn to avoid being rude



We went to the freezer in the garage for choc ices

Hoping not to find some mices!



Your signature dish was Bolognese,the days

And now you make pea and ham soup

Raspberry curd ad scones to boot

Unless your head is in a book!



You go to pilates and throw the best parties

Happy Birthday Nan!

Here’s a sandwich with that special ham

And a pie and a custard thankyou mam!



Sometimes you have mints

Sometimes you have nuts

You always have bravery and guts

And I remember Bella

Her coat was golden and she was very clever

No comments:

Post a Comment