Saturday 4 July 2020

On the beach


On the beach

Slim girls are all around

But I listen to the sound of crashing waves

And think about getting brown!



Childhood



I remember those windmills

That turned round and round

I remember listening when the birds sang



I remember wearing a sun visor

I remember being an early riser

I felt so rich when I had a fiver

I wanted to be a pearl diver



I remember buying a tinsel wig

Going for an archology dig

I remember buying a puppet

Eating chicken nuggets



I remember buying ice cream

Sitting by the bowling green



Teenager



I remember being fourteen

When I could fit into a pair of jeans

When I could stand on the scales

And be somewhat pleased



I remember having a crush

Covering my face with blush

Catching the same bus



I remember having friends

Talking on the phone and sharing trends

Sitting in class and lending pens

Giving out the answers and perfume blends



I remember catching a look

I thought,maybe I was in luck

I could feel it in my guts

But the movie was cut



Twenties



I remember trying new foods

Couscous,snails,frogs legs and kangaroo

Chicken pizza,marshmallow pizza,

Washed down with Kahlua



By my twenty first,had just begun to write verse

But I was unwell and needed a mental health nurse

Then hospital and Lynhurst

I was in the dark,I remember

And I couldn’t even talk in need of a defender



Thirties



I discovered Chinese,got tickets for the winery

Gave in to the chippy

And stopped wearing lippy

Sat in my jogging pants

Will I get another chance?

I want love and a dance



I want a career,its been psychotic

I can’t believe I am here

I really need my memory

I need to dress femininely

And I don’t want to feel empty or have to visit the dentistry



Now I am forty

I want to play pianoforte

Exercise for endorphins



Social rays

A glimmering scene



Gorgeous,calm and angelic



His fondest ray

A happy day



‘The song of mountain-streams’

‘The spiritual music of the hill’-William Wordsworth




No comments:

Post a Comment