Saturday 4 July 2020

Listening leaves


‘Listening leaves’-John Clare



A warm wing for the beginning



Soft waters

Softly luminous



‘The genius of the stream’-Robert Burns



‘The touch of sun excites you’-D.H.Lawrence



A Christmas toy

A Christmas joy



Christmas day

A collection of happy tears



‘The daffodil its yellow richness spreads’-George Meredith



A rare melody



Tempest in the home



Hoping for a scene of love



Skylarking

A sky so fair



‘Evenings golden smile’-William Allingham



A trace of song in my lung



Deepening waves

Braver saves



A good-night carol



Christmas time

Will I remember my lines?

Children sing of our saviour and Lapland

With yule logs on the table

And candy on the tree

A box of celebrations

And a glass of Brandy!



The story of food?

Need to beat the sugar



Feel his arms

Feel his palms

His eyes are warm

His smile is dawn



We gotta share the love

Catch it from a dove

Take it way above

The brightest star



We gotta beat the flood

Filter all the good



Give our word,our blood

Like a magic jar



We gotta wipe those tears

They can last for years

Keep a listening ear

And an open heart



We gotta help someone

Whether they need ,food,health or fun

Whether they need a friend,dad or mum to carry on



Just a bit of happiness

Feel like I’m digging a grave

Can you see my loneliness?

Will I be saved?



Awake and I’m eating cake

I don’t feel so great

Awake and thinking

Why does my heart ache?



It’s a gate of water opening up

The tears roll down the valley and the brook



I dream of love letters

I dream of your heart

I dream of jet setters

I dream of New York




No comments:

Post a Comment