Saturday 4 July 2020

The leaves are brown


The leaves are brown

But the sun comes around

I should be running and

My heart should pound



Looking for a sound

And an even ground

Listening to music

The flowers at a stand



I saw a little squirrel

Running up a tree

I wish I could do a scribble

But he was too fast for me!



Nan’s pea and ham soup smoking on the hob

Crispy bread buttered up!



Chill on the hill



Night in

Another night in

What is my sin?



Night in

Another night in

Why can’t I win?

 

Night in

Another night in

Why can’t I sing?



Night in

Another night in

And too much eating

All those clothes

I want to fit in

Don’t want to be just sitting



Baby soup



Saw George today

A bouncy sunray

Coo,coo,cooing away

Talking to me lovingly



I want to go to the movies

And take my own duvet

Eat lots of chewy sweets

Take the shoes off my feet

Lying back on a reclining seat



I want to kiss on the back row

Where no-one can see us

Half-watching the show



It was suppose to be a simple day

Birdsong and beach waves



But then your voice came along

All my confidence,gone

One day you are young and fun

The next?

Problem after problem



I wish we could take a walk in a bay

Watch the ocean,ebb,flow,sway

Smile on a beautiful day



Ben and Jerry

I blame you for my belly!



I love you like a bowl of custard



I didn’t see you last night

But I thought of you till daylight



Your eyes like bluebells all bright

Your arms around me so right



A new job

I’m so nervous

Will I sob?

Will I be worthless?



Will I keep up the gym?

Will Angels start flying in?

Will this voice in my head stop firing?




No comments:

Post a Comment